Investment in mobile marketing is increasing rapidly and with good reason. Smart Insights reports that usage of mobile devices has now overtaken the use of desktop computers, making mobile marketing more important for brands than ever before. If you’re not already doing so, now is the time to incorporate mobile into your brand’s marketing strategy.
Smart Insights reports that:
● The number of mobile users is approaching 2 billion. The number of mobile users surpassed the number of desktop users during 2015, and it continues to trend upward.
● The conversion rate for consumers using tablets is 2.86 percent.
● 90 percent of shoppers who own a smartphone use the device to compare prices and conduct other pre-purchase activities. Thus, mobile can aid in conversion even if the actual purchase takes place via another channel.
● 84 percent of shoppers with smartphones use their mobile devices as a tool while shopping in a brick-and-mortar store.
● By 2016, mobile ad spending is expected to exceed ad spending for desktop.
● By 2019, researchers estimate that mobile ad spending will exceed $195 billion.
Benefits of Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing offers many benefits to brands hoping to forge deeper connections with consumers. Some of these benefits include:
Consumers use their desktop computers at home and at work. Mobile devices, on the other hand, tend to be used throughout the day. Because they are portable, most consumers have them on hand at all times. Thus, when you send a message to a consumer via mobile, he or she can access it immediately.
Mobile marketing strategies can incorporate multiple communication channels and strategies, including social media, SMS marketing, SEO and more. With so many options, reaching your target audience is easy.
3. Integration capabilities.
Mobile marketing strategies can be integrated with the other components of your overall marketing plan to engage consumers more effectively. For example, if you are running a campaign on television or the radio, you can support the same campaign via mobile.
4. An affordable investment.
In many cases, preparing content for mobile will cost less than preparing content for desktop devices. The screen size is much smaller, allowing you to keep your content concise and to the point.
The results of mobile marketing campaigns can be tracked easily. This allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of every campaign you launch and gain valuable insights so that you can improve your ROI in the future.
If you are ready to start investing more of your capital in mobile marketing, hit the ground running with these tips.
1. Decide what strategies you will utilize.
Before you start developing content, take some time to think about the strategies you will use to reach consumers via mobile. Will you focus most of your efforts on applications and your mobile website? Will you incorporate SMS marketing? How will you integrate mobile into your existing marketing efforts?
2. Develop a written plan.
Develop a clear, written mobile marketing plan that details your strategy and defines specific goals for your brand. Use this plan to guide all of your efforts as you move forward.
Resist the urge to launch multiple mobile marketing campaigns at once. If you are a beginner, start by getting your website prepared for mobile. Next, launch a small mobile campaign, evaluate the results carefully and increase your brand’s involvement in mobile over time.
4. Boost efficiency with the right software.
One of the best ways to increase the efficiency of your campaigns is to utilize high quality software designed specifically for mobile marketing. These programs will allow you to automate various aspects of your campaigns so that you can reach more consumers with less effort and expense.
5. Seek guidance from experts.
If you aren’t sure how to get started with mobile marketing, or if you run into difficulties, consult a mobile marketing expert for guidance. Alternatively, if you plan to purchase marketing software, look for programs that provide a strong customer support system.
Sophorn is an inbound marketer specializing in attracting targeted visitors and generating sales qualified leads. Through Trumpia’s mass text messaging automation solution he helps businesses and organizations communicate effectively with their customers or members. Watch Trumpia’s 5-Minute Demo on how to execute an effective mobile marketing strategy.