This is a guest post by Eric Gruber
· A business and life coach mentioned: Today’s challenge is to see if I can replace the heating element on the dryer……..I’ll let you know if I succeed or fail…lol….send prayers….lol
· Quotes by Tony Robbins from someone who is not Tony Robbins
· A realtor asked: What are your top 5 favorite things about summer?
Mine are 1) Farmer’s market, 2) Baseball 3) Weekend cookouts 4) A sliced summer tomato with a dollop of Hellman’s mayo 5) Sunlight till 9 pm!
· A famous internet marketer who was on the show “Secret Millionaire” mentioned: Wishing you a great morning. I’m off to the gym for a workout. What are you doing on this blessed morning?
As I look on my LinkedIn news feed I see…
· From a newsletter guru: It’s “Good Works” Saturday! Meeting friends for breakfast and then we’ll complete repairs on our current home project.
· From a relationship expert for women – Sands of time only run out for those who live n the limits of an hour-glass. Become a limitless prism of light & the sands flow infinitely!
· From a master life coach: Quiet day (@ Roya’s
) Garlic Garden
Now, these may be conversation starter. They may be following the advice of many social media experts that tell you to quote people and ask conversation starting questions like: “What is your favorite dessert?” These types of conversations may generate more comments- and get you more friends. But is it really helping your business?
- Offering tips that no one else is providing – and then inviting prospects to get their free special reports like the one found at http://www.getlinkedinhelp.com, free ebooks, free video or in my case, free article writing templates at http://www.TryMyFreeArticleTemplates.com
- Teasing prospects with shocking statements or thought provoking questions and then sending prospects to an article placement on a top website or to their blog for more information. At the end of the blog post, they encourage conversation based on the information they had provided. And they add a call-to-action to learn more whether it means grab their free information or invest in one of their products or services
- Wowing prospects with the information they provide and encouraging prospects to discuss what they had learned. That’s why many internet marketers are now encouraging prospects to comment on their squeeze pages (using Facebook) and on their pages where they offer valuable information.
- An expert
- Someone to respect
- Someone to listen to
- Someone to do business