As a blogger, it is always in your mind to increase traffic, make yourself known to the world and create ‘blogger buddies’. There are many methods to doing this like guest posting but what you don’t know is that there is an extremely easy way to generally make your blogger experience better. Haven’t guessed it yet? If you haven’t just take a look at the title. Here is ten reasons why you as a blogger be it using Blogger or WordPress should comment on other people’s blogs.
Firstly, once you have read this you can start commenting straight away below the article here! Let’s start your commenting career off today, right now, on this blog! Anyway, here’s the ten reasons:
- Creates friendships with new bloggers – Commenting with other bloggers creates a friendship that can help you so many ways such as linking to each other’s websites or even guest posting!
- You get noticed – If you write a good comment on another blog, internet users as curious as they are will want to find more about you and see more good content from you.
- ‘What goes around comes around’ – It’s a two way system: you comment others blog and others will comment on your blog! If people see that you are constantly commenting of other blogs, they will see you as being social and will comment on your blog.
- It’s the whole point of blogging! – Blogging is meant to be a community and you can’t have a community if nobody talks. A community shares and provides information.
- Increases traffic to your blog – As I have said, people will be curious and have a look at your blog and if you have a good quality blog, you will attract a lot more people to it.
- Provides useful information for others – Just like I said with a community, you are providing others your opinion and help which can benefit others.
- Provides useful information for you – And the opposite, others are providing their opinion and help to you, which will benefit you.
- Build a brand – By commenting will help you be recognised as a nice person who cares and wants to help others. Building brands can make and break a blog. A person who comments good useful content will be recognised as a nicer person than someone who comments negatively with bad quality content.
- Become a better writer – With commenting, it’s a conversation with the blog owner or other commentators and with blogs. People love reading blogs the most when the article is in a ‘chatty’ tone like the reader is having a conversation with them. Commentating on other blogs will help you develop a ‘chatty conversational’ tone.
- Increases subscribers – Back to people being curious, if you present yourself (branding) as a high quality content blogger, they will want to subscribe to you for your latest updates.