It can become quite a challenging task to try and sell your advertising units through the market leader in banner advertising: BuySellAds. The problem is mainly that most people that are trying to sell adverts are publishers and to sell adverts, you need to temporarily adopt the skills of an advertiser. Well, fear not my friend. Below are the main ways you can help sell your advertising units in BuySellAds so you can start to make money.
The first step is to make sure you have filled everything and I mean everything out. An uncompleted market listing on BuySellAds will turn advertisers straight off. This means you need to fill out:
- Website name
- Website description
- Advertising units
- Website screenshot
- RSS, Facebook and Twitter fans
- Tell the advertiser what your website is in one sentence.
- Then go into detail about what subcategories there are in your website.
- Try to make your website sound amazing through including statistics that favours your website. For example, I mention in my market listing that Ask Will Online gains 88% organic traffic which means lots of new visitors will see the BuySellAds units.
- Above all, you need to make clear you are giving the advertiser priority if they buy your unit. You want them to feel like that have a premium experience when buying adverts on your website so you gain repetitive sales.
- 468x60 or 728x90
- 300x250 or 336x280
- 120x600 or 160x600
- Always 125x125 (this is the most common on BuySellAds)
- "The largest unit on AskWillOnline with, by far, the most visibility too, this advert is above the content which is a prime location for a high CTR. In fact, the highest CTR out of all the units."
- "Gaining the most exposure on AskWillOnline for loading first on every page, this unit gains a high CTR."
- "Located below every article on AskWillOnline, this advert unit inherits lots of clicks."
- "Highest Opt-ins and Advertiser Satisfaction"