A retweet is the term used when a another Twitter user tweets a tweet from another user. This is done through adding RT followed by @username of the person whose original tweet belonged to. This can be have huge benefits to the original Tweeter which managed to get others to retweet his tweet. Personal or business, retweets are loved and strived by everyone as they can only ever benefit. Why do people want retweets? Why do people retweet tweets and how do you optimize your tweets to get them retweeted? All we be answered...
Why do people want retweets?
- To publicise themselves, product, service, event: literally anything.
- Share them opinion to the world.
- Start a conversation and socialise with new people.
- To start a conversation like above. This can be done by adding a message at the end of the retweeted tweet.
- To spread the tweet around the twitosphere.
- Publicly agree with someone.
- To make the original tweeter know he has an audience which listens to his tweet.
- For self gain - goes towards increasing followers.
- To entertain your followers - their benefit.