There has been exciting new updates from the world of Google with the name Google Panda. Google have released a new way of ranking websites to produce more relevant and useful content to Googlers. The aim is to eliminate 'bad websites' that are floating the net looking to pick up and steal 'cheap traffic' from good quality websites. However, how will this Google Panda update affect you as a blogger and your website?
Let's get straight what this new update actually does first. Google Panda is a new system by Google which it plans to reduce rankings for lower-quality sites and therefore increase the ranking of higher-quality sites. This makes the people using Google have higher quality relevant content which is Google's main objective.
So how will this affect you as a blogger? Well it can affect you in a good way, or a bad way.
Google Panda aims to give websites that have bad quality content or copied content a lower ranking on their search engine. Here are all the ways your website may be ranked lower on Google due to Panda:
- Your website has copied content from other websites.
- Your website generally has bad content.
- If Google Chrome users places your website in the Personal Blocklist Chrome Extension.
- Your website has original good quality content.
- Good page rank (PR will be looked at as more important for ranking with Google Panda)
|eHow.com's traffic from SearchMetrics|