|Re-tweeting and Tweeting on Twitter|
Tweeting content is easy, but getting people to click on it is the hard part. Here's a few guidlines you can stick to to increase CTR (click through rate) of your Twitter Tweets:
- Ask questions - asking a question in your tweet will make the reader click to find the answer. Recently, Wayne Rooney scored an over-head kick against Manchester City. Before, your tweet could have been "Wayne Rooney over-head kick against city (then the link)" whereas "Was Wayne Rooney's over-head kick best goal ever? (then the link)" would encourage more people to click to find the answer out.
- Keep it short - Don't go babbling on. Sum it up, preferably in 25 characters: that's the magic re-tweet number.
- Don't over tweet - Only tweet about 5 times a day spaced out well. Any more will annoy followers and could cause them to unfollow you.
- Use numbers - Numbers aren't all bad. It can make your tweet look more effective and appealing.
- Re-tweet other people too - Don't be biased and tweet just your blog or website. Share your followers with other people's content, so they know that your tweets are genuinely interesting.