episode 1 in the Blogger Newbies Series, you will have successfully set up your blogger account and website (although, at the moment, it will have no customization or content on it). If you don't understand any of the blogger dashboard buttons, this post is for you as I will be going through every blogger button found on the dashboard of blogger.
Now, the blogger dashboard is where you can find everything for your blog, it's the central and home of your blog/website. There are many buttons on this screen but these are the main ones you will need to understand:
I'll go from left to right.
- Basic lets you customize your title, description and a few other simple things.
- Publishing lets you choose, if you want to, a different domain, be it be .blogspot.com or a private domain which you can buy in this screen.
- Formatting shows all settings for date format, time format and other similar options.
- Comments gives you more access to comments than the dashboard button does, giving you the option to disable/enable comments and backlinks, and a range of other click and scrollable options.
- Archiving only gives you the option to change archive frequency (monthly. daily etc..) and to enable post pages.
- Site Feed lets you control everything about your site feed.
- Email and Mobile gives you options for email subscription and mobile help.
- Open ID is linked with comments letting users sign into other Open ID accounts and comment
- Permissions gives you the option to let other people post on your blog.